The following documents are required for registering a property in Lebanon:
- Land certificate (Ifadat iqaraia) This document indicates property size, location, placement and physical characteristics.
- Survey Map (Kahreetat masaha). If one has not yet been done, the owners must appoint a certified surveyor to produce a map.
- Survey of land area from the Land Registry (Ifadat kayel bil masah).
- Receipts from the municipality proving that all taxes and fees due on the property have been paid.
- Affidavits from the municipality affirming that, if it is an empty land area, no structures have been erected on the property.
- A planning affidavit (Ifadat takhteet wa irtifaq) affirming that the Civil Planning authorities do not have any future or pending plans for the property and have not frozen its status.
- Receipt for planning application or (takhteet).
- An assessment of the sale value of one square meter of land.
- Ownership deed.
- Sale contract executed between the buyer and seller. One of the parties must provide the necessary stamps.
In addition to the registration tax, an additional cost for fiscal stamps is added when registering land and built up properties.